My Favourite Songs of Yesterday & Today

Returning soon to a blog near you. New Year ... new music. Happy 2011.

Saturday, July 9, 2011

AE Pagemaps Revisit for June: Party Like a Rockstar

When taking photos of my intrepretation of the calendar sketch, I found that the photo of the completed layout was very blurry so I didn't use it.  I thought that I had done a post using the teaser shots only but it seems to be non-existent.  I am certain of it, actually because I know that I post dated the publish date.  Ah well.  Clearly I messed it up and nothing was shared ... or I am just blind and cant find the post.  Either way and thanks to Lorena, I have the completed layout (as well as my teasers from before) for June's Pagemaps Calendar sketch so I thought I would share.  While it is a simple layout, I am rather pleased with the look of the background.  I think it's kinda cool!  :)   {to see July's reveal, check out Life's Delight here or on Auntie Em's blog}





In other creative news ... I had a productive day at Auntie Em's last night.  A few kinks in the day had me getting there later than I wanted but I managed to get two double page art journals (almost) made.  I liked the concept that I had in my head for my circle art journal (volume 2) front page and decided to apply it to Jenn's journal as well.  It was fun to 'assembly line' the art work and actually gave me an idea of another way to do the circle journals.  Today I am continuing to work on downsizing, purging, organizing and cleaning my studio (yes, studio ... between beading, sewing, scrapping and art stuff, it's not just a scrapbooking room anymore so i've decided to become a tad posh and use 'studio' dahlings....  now - if I could just get a great big picture window put in with a glorious body of water and mountains in the background, it would be true bliss.)  Right now, it is a bonafide disaster zone and complete embarrassment that I will actually share with you in a future post. *gulp*  Stay tuned for some "before's" and "after's" before summer's end.

Hope you are enjoying what looks to be an incredibly beautiful day.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

OMG Mell ... did you emboss that background??? EEEE! LOVE IT!

Looking forward to seeing your "studio dahling" .. it is what you deem it to be be chicka .. LOL I happen to like the sound of that! LOL

R :)