My Favourite Songs of Yesterday & Today

Returning soon to a blog near you. New Year ... new music. Happy 2011.

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Five Fabulous Friends


At last years Superbowl, Stéphanie and I placed wagers on our selected team. The cost ... the person with the losing team had to create a layout for the person with the winning team aka the Superbowl Champions. As you can see from the layout above ... I WON!!! Merci, ma belle. I love, love, love my layout and am looking forward to a layout for this years win too. (you guessed it, blog readers ... I won again! ) Cherie - you may use photos of your choice and have one year to surprise me with your wonderful creation.




I made this clipboard for a class I am going to teach in Winchester next month. The colours are bright which is out of my norm but they were nice to work with. I used a few different mediums to bring texture and depth to the design:


  • first I painted the clipboard read then coated it with crackle paint. I did it nice and thick but didnt wait the required 60 minutes to set. Instead I used my heat gun to speed up the process. I covered it with a pink paint and sped up the drying process again with my heatgun. The final result was something that looked like bark.

  • I used Glimmer Mist by Tattered Angels on the chipboard letters.

  • Doodlebug Paper Frills are covered in Tim Holtz crackle paint. Once dry, they too were misted with glimmer mist with the excess dabbed off.

  • Heidi Swapp ghost butterflies are painted the same red as the first paint coat of the clipboard.

  • The clip itself is covered with cranberry Alcohol Ink by Tim Holtz.
  • Ice Stickles were used as drops along the bottom to subtley dray the eye to the Heidi Swap ghost heart in the corner.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so fun! I think you should use bright colours more often! ;)

Btw, congrats on making the DT of that LSS. I must make the trip out there to meet Tina. I'll e-mail you to let you know when.

Stay Funny said...

Love your project completed, it looks really great and love the Glimmer Mist on the chipboard letters.

So happy you love your page and I almost pied my pants when on posted on my blog that it was a great trophy for your house!

Hugs darling and have a great day xx

Anonymous said...

I love it Mel!! Can't wait to see it :)

Rachel said...

Very creative Mellisa... so many different elements of texture on your clipboard. Just gorgeous!

Love the LO Steph did for you too...

R XOOX

Kataroo said...

HOW COOL SO MANY TECHNIQUES, THIS WILL MAKE A GREAT CLASS. A