My Favourite Songs of Yesterday & Today

Returning soon to a blog near you. New Year ... new music. Happy 2011.

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Wall Art


Because I have 4 photo frames on the wall in my hallway, I wanted to keep it simple on the other side. I chose to use a 12"x36" frame and put a quote in it. This particular quote is by Eleanor Roosevelt. I heard it a few years ago and it caught my attention right away and has since stuck. Given the situation of our parental status, it is one that I think of whenever doubt rears it's ugly head.


Originally, I was going to leave the backing off, allowing the wall colour to act as the background. After some consideration and having my thoughts come to life when Stéphanie mentioned it, I decided to pull out the ole palette knife and paint instead. Unfortunately, the true colours don't come through in the photograph. I will try again when it is hung and, if the colours become more true with the right light and angles, I will change this picture for a new one. The words 'believe', 'beauty', and 'dream' are covered in Making Memories Espresso glitter.

6 comments:

Kataroo said...

A beautiful piece for a beautiful quote :)

Anonymous said...

WOW... is it possible that you make 2 of everything and give your mother the copy..ahum..just want to show off to my friends my daughters talent. I wouldn't want you to think it was for me....snicker....

love your momma ...xxxoooxxx...

Stay Funny said...

Can't wait to see it on your wall... it looked geourgous last week at the crop! Your mom is too cute... I remember her telling you that 2 of each so she could have one of what you did...

Anonymous said...

love it,I want to make one too!! now you have to help me make one j/k :)

Anonymous said...

Melly, I LOVE how it turned out. Wow! It's a wonderful work of art... and yes, the quote is lovely. So inspiring. Don't give up on your dream, sweetie.

xo Barb

Rachel said...

Absolutely Gorgeous hun!!!! I can so see this on your wall!!!!

R XOOX