My Favourite Songs of Yesterday & Today

Returning soon to a blog near you. New Year ... new music. Happy 2011.

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Congratulations Ronda & Lou

On Saturday, September 20th, I attended the wedding of Kevin's business partner, Lou. Months ago I found out who Lou was marrying - a woman by the name of Ronda. Ronda, it turns out, was a classmate of mine in grade 7 & 8 at Glashan. We hung with the same crowd and were in the same class in 7 but went to different friends and different classes for 8. Fast forward 20 years. We start talking creativity - which she has none, she says - and wedding plans. I planned all the decorations for the hall. They did all the decorating. It was beautiful. Thousands of white lights everywhere. Black toule. White toule. Thick tree branches painted white and strung with toule and lights. (A touch from my wedding/my Momma's idea 9 years ago). Not only was a the decorative planner, I wound up being the photographer as well. How nerve racking. I felt alot of pressure and alot of stress. What made it easier was that none of this was coming from the bride and groom. They had complete faith. I was putting the pressure on myself. Despite those feelings, it wound up being alot of fun. They were so easy going, happy and in love. What a great time. I didnt hit the nail on the head with every shot but I think I was able to get my point across and, hopefully, they will have memories to look back on forever.

9 comments:

Kataroo said...

EEEEE I love the shut of him trying to crawl away!! Hilarious!! The close ups are spectacular of the dress and shoes etc..... Beautiful couple. You did an awesome job!!!! Hope you had fun doing it :)

Anonymous said...

Well done, when you giving me lessons LOL :)

Diva Loca said...

wow!
great job
LOVE the shot of the shoes and the dress
at first I couldn't figure out what the dress was but i saw the sparklies and knew i loved it!

Stay Funny said...

Beautiful pictures Mell... you did such an amazing job! I know that your level of stress was probably very hugh... but wow, WHAT A RESULT!

brn2scrp said...

Those are incredible pictures! I had a "professional" photographer and trust me, my pictures are nowhere near as gorgeous as the ones you took. The bride and groom are very lucky to have you!

Marlene said...

Mell - you did a fabulous job. Perhaps you have found another calling ;-).

Ronda said...

Mellisa we can't thank you enough for the amazing job you did. You captured ever moment with such grace, not shuttering for even a second. Through this whole process you were nervous and usnsure of yourself and I told you I knew you'd do a good job.....I TOLD YOU SO. LOL
Wait a second, I was wrong, you did an amazing job.

Thank you again,
Ronda and Lou

Rachel said...

Mellisa you are so CREATIVE with your photography ideas girl.. not to mention your talent!!!!!!!! WOW WOW WOW... I think you need to consider a personal business girl.. SERIOUSLY!

MMMMMMWWWWWWAAAAAAA
R
XOOX

Barbara said...

Wow! Gorgeous photos. Maybe you have a little side career in wedding photography.