My Favourite Songs of Yesterday & Today

Returning soon to a blog near you. New Year ... new music. Happy 2011.

Monday, June 7, 2010

Fun with Water

These past few weeks things have either been very busy .... or very lazy. There has been no happy medium. When I'm not running the roads doing this, that or the other, I am at home watching different shows streamed on the internet or season 1 of True Blood (gawd I hope it gets better. I started it and am committed to it now but ish ... not a good show). Yesterday however, I decided to stop being so sluggish (which is how I am actually feeling) and pull out my camera. I had quite the interesting set up in the bathroom involving chairs on either end of my counters, boxes on top of that, strapping connecting them, water bags dangling over a bowl and two lamps for added lighting. Not to mention the tripod to hold my camera, a stool to sit on and books under a tripod leg to keep it at the right angle. K was a little perplexed when he came home and saw it, to say the least. "Why?" you ask? So I could get the shots below, of course....



I do have some in red but red just didn't capture as well as the green did.  Of course, after several hours of doing this (it's definitely not as easy as it looks), my mojo was gone and away things went.  Set aside actually.  I am going to grab a few things to play with and try again.  Stay tuned.

In the meantime, I spent Friday and Saturday at The Scrapbox with Stéphanie.  Had some laughs with the ladies and got to spend some time with her dear friend, LouLou.  She is nothing short of a sweetheart with a heart of gold.  It was our first opportunity to really talk and it was a pleasure.  Of course, I created whilst we chatted however, I can not say or post what I did because they are intended as a gift for a super special someone who reads my blog.  I do owe you a photo of a canvas I finished about a month ago though - maybe tomorrow ...

Today I had the day off work.  I headed out to Merrickville to take pictures as a request for my Mom.  She and her husband just bought a cottage there (yay!) and they want to hang photos of the town throughout the cottage so ... off I went.  303 photos later, I packed it up and headed to Ottawa for class.  I have to sift through them but will post some in a few days.  Hmmm ... I may have multiple posts in the next week.  What are you going to do with yourselves?   ;o}

Until we 'meet' again, I wish you a wonderful week.

4 comments:

Kataroo said...

very cool pics!!!

Louise Dubord said...

I love those pictures Mellisa! So much work to catch that fleeting moment. Gorgeous! I enjoyed very much our conversations over the week-end. You are also a sweetheart and I am truly looking forward to get to know you better. Have a great week!XX

Closet Artist said...

What a dedicated photographer!! I can't even muster up the energy to pull out my point and shoot to take a simple pic of the wee creature!! lol
Beautiful shots!
And I'm free to go to your mom's cottage anytime this summer!! :D

Tanya said...

what did you say about true blood...you can no longer be my friend.....hahahaha...miss you hun!