My Favourite Songs of Yesterday & Today

Returning soon to a blog near you. New Year ... new music. Happy 2011.

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Merrickville

My Mom asked me to take some photos for her new cottage in Merrickville.  The last photo is my favourite Merrickville store ever.  It oozes cottage warmth.  All photos are unedited.







On the school front, I finished my class last night.  I had so much planned for the portrait part of my project but my sister had to cancel at the last minute.  Couldn't be avoided.  Thankfully my niece came to the rescue on Sunday night.  The photos aren't anything spectacular but it allowed me to complete my assignment.  I had also wanted to do alot of Photoshop stuff but a 2 day migraine kept me off the computer.  Migraines ... not so fun.  I have never had one that was that long before.  It was exhausting. 

In the meantime, I am going to start putting myself out there for business.  One low fee which includes a cd with edited photos.  I am just not sure where to start or how to make people know that I am available.  I started a Facebook group but that is very limiting.   I haven't figured out pricing although I think I am on to something.  My goal is to keep it affordable both as a beginner and after I have gained experience.  So much to do but I need to stop being timid and self-conscious.  Until then, I have a few things coming up just for practice.  Hopefully all goes well.  This summer will find me taking courses, scouting locations and taking lots and lots of photos. 

Happy Tuesday.

5 comments:

Natasha said...

Beautiful Pictures, looking forward to seeing your projects over the summer.

Louise Dubord said...

Love your pictures! They make me feel like 3 weeks ago when i was... in Merrickville!

Kataroo said...

I can't get over that your pics are unedited! WOW...you have the eye :)

Anonymous said...

I'll hire you...I have absolutely no family photos as of late...that is if you have the patience to work with the crazy bunch I call my family..LOL

Tanya

Stay Funny said...

Beautiful Mell!
Really you have the eye!
Happy you had fun at Merrickville!