My Favourite Songs of Yesterday & Today

Returning soon to a blog near you. New Year ... new music. Happy 2011.

Monday, July 12, 2010

wow *WOW* wow

Really.  Seriously.  **WOW**  I can not stop grinning from ear to ear with that opportunity the that has just been presented to me but first, I must digress ...

On May 29th, K and I attended the wedding of a person who we know because K's cousin's husband is the grooms brother (you follow?).  Through his cousin's wedding process, we met and bonded with the Bradley/groom's family including his brother - the May 29th groom.  They have such beautiful souls.  While at the wedding I was in awe of the photographer.  She was everywhere and it was click after click after click.  My kinda gal.  I am definately an over clicker.   Poses, candids, guests, decor .. everything I try to do when I am at an event or even just with my nieces or sight seeing.  The following week I joined her Facebook group and looked at every gallery on her website.  The week after that I saw Scott and Jess' wedding photos .  Love.  I wrote her a quick note to tell how how much I loved her work (and watching her work) and guess what .... she invited me to be a second shooter at a wedding.  Eeeks.  It's her way of giving back to aspiring photographers ... and I am so happy that she is giving to me.  Well she contacted me tonight to finalize everything and, on Satuday July 31st, I will be joining Oya Anzan of Anzans Photography as her second shooter at a wedding to be held at the Westin Hotel.  *gulp*  The Westin.  I mean *wow.*  Talk about ambiance and romance and stairs and backdrops and ... and ... and... 

The timing of this is perfect because yesterday I got confirmation that I have been hired as a photographer for a wedding on August 7th so it will give me learning and practice time.  It's going to be a small backyard wedding in the country and a wonderful opportunity too.  Plus the opportunities I am making for myself with my friend and her baby belly then newborn, my sister, my nieces and Tanya's girls.  This is how I love to learn.  I was expecting a good summer but it is turning out to be grrrrrreat!

Yup.  Pretty much stuck on *WOW* right now.  So much to do and try and understand and learn and process.  Upon my return to work in September, I had planned on upgrading my camera to something more professional than my loveable XTi.  In the meantime, it's off to Henry's to rent something more professional and of the D variety as well as a lens better suited for weddings.  I currently have three lenses but not one that I feel comfortable shooting with in low light and at a wedding of this caliber.  (if anyone has a money tree, I would be happy to plant a cutting in my yard. -insert eye roll by all who have the same wish-)

Thanks for reading and sharing in my excitement ... or pretending to, at least.  I know this stuff isn't for everyone but I am good with the false pretenses in this case.  TEEHEEHEE.

Enjoy this fabulous week!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

:) Mell...so happy you are happy...I cannot wait to see all the wonderful that spills out! As I said before too....so very proud!!! I have tons of faith in ya. LOVE YOU!!!

Tanya

Anonymous said...

that is awesome!!! Good for you!!! Sounds like a perfect opportunity for you! Heather

Kataroo said...

no freaking way!!! you are on your way...it happening!

Closet Artist said...

Ok one more time...
YAY!!!!!!
The stars are aligning and what a fabulous path for you!!
My heart is so full of happiness and excitement for you.
Can't wait to see the results.

Hugs,
Renee

Stay Funny said...

WOW Mellisa That's fabulous! So happy for you! Can't wait to see you bloom. Hugs xx

Louise Dubord said...

This is so great. I am so happy for you! You will learn and grow so much.....