My Favourite Songs of Yesterday & Today

Returning soon to a blog near you. New Year ... new music. Happy 2011.

Sunday, May 8, 2011

** Happy Momma's Day **

In my family, Mother's Day isn't "that big of a deal."  Actually, for the first time in a few years, my Mom is actually letting ME cook supper for her.  (she has this idea that, as our Mom, she is celebrating us as much we are celebrating her.  She's so wonderful!)   Like Valentine's Day, we all feel that there shouldn't be one specific day to honour and love that special someone's in your life.  That love should be celebrated daily (and not in big ways ... it's the small subtle moments that count the most) and acts of sweetness should be done because you want to, not because society says today is the day to honour that person.  Despite all of that, Mother's Day is still a day where I want to be no where but with my Momma.  It's low key and quaint and the perfect way to be together.  To talk.  To laugh.  To share time with my brother and sister.  To just be together ... as we often do through out the year -- thankfully though because for the first time in 37 years, my Momma won't have all three of her children with her.  My sister got it in her head that she would be in Europe with her boyfriend this year and is actually spending Mother's Day travelling to Barcelona after three days in Paris.  I mean really.  EUROPE???  I'm thinking that home with Mom is a much better place to be!  *wink*   So today, on behalf of my brother, sister and husband (yes, my husband.  he and my mom are fortunate to have an incredible relationship with eachother) I want to take a moment to wish my Mom a
** Happy Momma's Day **
No four people are luckier to have you for a mom/mom-in-law than we.  Thank you for your never ending guidance, support and readiness to let us fall to learn from our mistakes but wipe off our knees when we get back up.  Thank you for being the person we know we can always count on through anything life throws our way.  Thank you for being you.  Thank you for being ours!    ...xox...


On the creative side, I spent the Friday and Saturday scrapping with my friends at The Scrapbox while my thoughts often on the ladies at Auntie Em's.  It was National Scrapbook day and I did just that.  Would you believe it if I told you that I 98% completed an entire mini album?  Yup!  I did.  Close your mouth now before the flies get in ...  haha.  I am just about to add a few stamped images to it, a couple of tabs and some brads then I am all done.  Done like dinner.  This was a really fun project to make and I will definitely be making repeated albums in this style.  I will take photos later tonight and post them here.

Until then, enjoy this beautiful day - - hopefully without the smell of fresh manure like at my house - - and enjoy your Mommies.  For those if you without you Mommies or for those of us Mommies without our babies, may your day be filled with warm memories and sweet smiles.  Happy Mother's Day.


 



1 comment:

Kataroo said...

Happy Mother's Day Mell :)

I love that you got to have a warm and fuzzy day with your Mama :) Best way to spend the day.