My Favourite Songs of Yesterday & Today

Returning soon to a blog near you. New Year ... new music. Happy 2011.

Thursday, January 7, 2010

My One Little Word: Week 1

Today marks the end of my first week embracing my 2010 word - - CHANGE.  I have started by doing little things and have already noticed a difference, much to my surprise. 

  • Housekeeping is not my favourite thing (but is it anyones, really?).  With only K and I, it is easy to let the dishes go a day or two if we have had a small meal or leftovers or let the pile on the island may get bigger throughout the week rather than doing something with it ASAP.  This week I made a promise to myself to spend a minimum of 15 extra minutes a day doing something that I wouldn't normally do until a weekend clean where it takes me a few hours to get all I need to get done.  I havent perfected it yet (sometimes the fatigue wins and the 7 hours sleep in 2 days takes over)

  • I pay more attention to what is going on in the woodstove.  I hate the woodstove.  While it provides a great amount of heat, it is dirty and smelly and gross.  My to K's happiness, I spend more time making sure there is enough wood in there to keep it going ... and even bringing wood in from outside (okay - only sometimes and when I have no choice but at least I am doing it rather than letting the fire dwindle down.  That has to count for something, doesn't it??)

  • I am the worst when it comes to taking care of my skin. More specifically, my face. I often go to bed with make-up on and don't use the proper products to keep it healthy. Step 1 - pour shampoo in hand. Step 2 - lather hair. Step 3 - extend suds downward to wash face. Step 4 - all-in-one rinse. I moisturize when I get out of the shower but never through the day. Let's face it ... I am getting older. There, I said it! My 7th annual 29th birthday is around the corner and it's time to make sure I don't look years beyond my age so, every night before bed, I am now washing my face with proper face care products and moisturizing with a night cream.

  • I am using my creative side every day. Whether it be photoshop, photography or scrapbooking (which I did tonight for the first time since the last weekend of April 2009). It feels good. You-tube is my best friend. I am following photoshop tutorials to try new things. Thanks to the ~Artist 365~ challenge on Facebook, I have been motivated. Below is the cover to my "One Little Word" album. I have decided to do the whole thing out of 5x7 canvas, using one side per month to recap the journey. There are alot of the fine details lost in the photo (not to mention that is simply isn't the best photo out there) but it is done with the exception of a few minor tweaks I want to do.   That was my goal - done - now on to the next project.





1 comment:

Barb said...

LOVE your album idea... love that you're making some positive changes, Melly. Hugs to you. <3